From Startup to Endgame: Form of Entity Considerations for Your Law PracticeDate: 06/01/2017
Topic: Practice Management
Credit:2.75 - PS
OSB CLE Program No.: 558*2160
This CLE will cover the following topics:
• Choice of entity for various sizes of firms;
• Issues related to changing form of entity;
• Operating or partnership agreement: what should be included;
• Adding employees: how entity affects hiring employees, compensation,
benefits, deductions, taxes, etc;
• Adding a partner/shareholder: how entity affects compensation,
authority allocation, and other issues;
• Partners/owners leaving; and
• End game options: dissolution, sale, and merger.
The speakers for this presentation are:
Jay Richardson, Buckley Law PC, and Scott Schnuck, AltusLaw LLC.
HOW TO ORDER OR REGISTER
This material is provided for informational purposes only and does not establish, report, or create the standard of care for attorneys in Oregon, nor does it represent a complete analysis of the topics presented. Readers should conduct their own appropriate legal research. The information presented does not represent legal advice. This information may not be republished, sold, or used in any other form without the written consent of the Oregon State Bar Professional Liability Fund except that permission is granted for Oregon lawyers to use and modify these materials in their own practices.
© 2017 OSB Professional Liability Fund.